Sunday, January 28, 2007

Girlfriends Blog Challenge and RAK



This is for my weekly blog challenge at CMK, but everyone is WELCOME to play. If you have a blog the challenge is to post a little note letting your girlfriend(s) know how much they mean to you. I am giving away my flower pot and card combo I made for a lucky someone to give to a friend (or keep for themselves). You don't have to have a blog to do this part, but you must leave a comment on my blog telling me why your friend is important to you. Just a sentence or two will do. I will draw for the RAK next Saturday!!

I posted a pic of my best friend. She puts up with a lot from me. I can be such an annoying person. We met in junior high and once I buried her retainer in chili during lunch. I also wrote her note using her brand new lipstick. Hmmmm....the list goes on and on. I call her on a regular basis to whine about daily stupid things like how someone pulled their shopping cart out in front of me in the grocery store and she just listens. She always knows when to listen, when to let me throw my pity party and when to say "knock it off and quit being a baby!" All the while having real problems of her own, and she listens to mine. She just knows what I need. So does she know how much I appreciate that?? I hope so.

9 comments:

Lydie said...

You are so sweet....I am just glad I can be there for you. I'm glad we have each other to vent, and I know I am my most "me" when I'm around you. That makes me happy! Love you.

Mo said...

I had to LOL at you burying her retainer in chili. LOL! She must really love you after that. ;)

I have a few very dear friends who treat me so well and make me feel like gold.

But in particular my friend Suzie is one of thee most thoughtful people a girl could ever know. If I am down and out she can sense it and poof a beautiful card with a sweet note will appear in my mailbox. She knows just the thing to say or do to brighten your day.

She's one of a kind and I will cherish her forever. :)

LisaW said...

When my friend Brandi and I met, we couldn't stand each other. I think the turning point was when we realized that each other scrapbooked.

Looking back, we probably didn't like each other cuz we're so darn alike. We both get told by others that we are giving them dirty looks (when we aren't). So we each thought the other was giving dirty looks, and that was part of the problem upon meeting.

Now anybody encountering us better watch out...because now there are two of us dishing out dirty looks together ;)

Suzelle said...

Ramona.....you made my day !!! LOVE ya girlie :) Mo....she is amazing !! Very funny, loving, caring, creative, thoughtful, considerate, an awesome Mommy...I could go on and on !!! I know we'll be forever friends !!!!!

The retainer in the chili is HYSTERICAL !!!

Niecole said...

My friend is important to me because she lets me vent when I am upset, gives me advise when I am confused and makes me feel good about myself. I would be lost without my bestfriend.
(Adobe CMK)

Trish said...

My friend for the last 6 years has always been there for me. Anne and I met when I started working at my current school. We are just across the hall from each other, and we have "meetings" in the hallway! We both scrapbook and have so much in common! When she is gone or sick for a day, I feel that my day just isn't complete! There aren;t too many people I can say that about, but I know she is a ture friend - what more could I ever want!

Trish said...

My friend for the last 6 years has always been there for me. Anne and I met when I started working at my current school. We are just across the hall from each other, and we have "meetings" in the hallway! We both scrapbook and have so much in common! When she is gone or sick for a day, I feel that my day just isn't complete! There aren;t too many people I can say that about, but I know she is a ture friend - what more could I ever want!

Kelli said...

http://kellimjohnson.blogspot.com/2007/01/friends.html#links

i LOVE MY FRIENDS SO MUCH. i NEED THEM SO MUCH RIGHT NOW..THANKS FOR REMINDING ME OF THAT.

Amanda Williams said...

Hi! Add me to the girlfriend RAK list! I love the colors of the pot and card and would be so happy to send this to my long distance Best Girlfriend! Your work is stunning!!