Wednesday, March 21, 2007

Questions answered!

Joni had some questions I totally forgot to answer when I posted this morning! If your Art Warehouse rub ons aren't working I would try this. Cut out the piece you want to use and stick in front of a heat source for a few seconds...like a space heater. I had trouble rubbing some on metal, and I tried this and they went on like butter. My scrap room is freezing and I have trouble with lots of my rub ons and this usually does the trick. However, my Art Warehouse rub ons are awesome and I usually don't need to do this. I'm not just saying this because I'm on their DT because I don't think that would be fair. I would never promote supplies that don't work right. My budget is tight too, so I know how it feels to invest in things that don't work out for you. I hope the heat does the trick for you. Also do I prefer Mod Podge? I use Mod Podge when I want a matte finish and I use Aleene's decoupage when I want glossy. Just what I have always done. Sometimes it just depends on my mood and what I think will work best for the paper I am working with. The decoupage is thicker and can soak through thin paper very quickly, so I don't typically use it with thin paper. I've also heard Thermo Web makes really cool adhesive sheets, but I haven't tried these yet. I just get some kind of therapy from decoupage....Hope this helps. Sorry it took me so long on these questions. I'd love to see what you are working on with the Art Warehouse stuff!

1 comment:

Joni said...

Thanks for the tip! I bought a plastic looking jar and wanted to do some rub on's like you did w/those glass jars and maybe it was just the plastic! I have yet to work with decoupage and have heard horror stories so I'm putting it off as long as possible! but again, thanks for the tips!
Joni