Sunday, April 22, 2007

I'm Still Alive


Yes, I'm still alive. Barely. I finally finished my grant today. Yay! I'm not sure it's the best, but it's finished. This week was beautiful here. I took the kiddos to Silver Dollar City on Wednesday. There was no one on the rides and we rode and rode and rode. The little guy even behaved himself. We had a wonderful afternoon together. On Friday I got to see Jonathan Kozol speak on Campus. He's an education activist. I read one of his books: Rachel and her Children: Homeless Families in America last semester. It just totally changed the way I looked at people. I started his book Salvage Inequalities. He just seems to give wings to the words in my heart. It's really sad what we feel the penalty for being poor in this country should be, especially for our children. Okay, enough education stuff for today. I'm going to play in the backyard with my own children before dinner. The picture is my beautiful daughter at SDC on Wednesday.

No comments: