Sunday, August 26, 2007

Up Against a Wall

Everyone must think I've been scrapping away lately, but most of these layouts I did at least a month ago or more. I am so tired with adjusting to working full time that I just haven't done much. It is almost 10:00. So proud of myself for making it this long today. Not looking forward to the morning routine I will start at 5 am. Love my job, but I am pooped by the time I get there. Between 5 and 7 am I wander the house realizing all the things I should have done the night before. Drag myself into the shower. Get out and wander around the house some more seeing more things I need to do. Get a crazy hair to fold laundry. Realize I need to leave in 30 minutes and wake the kids. This is where it really gets crazy. They are like chasing two wild baby squirrels. One is jumping off counters or anywhere he can get height onto our backs. The other is stomping around because I asked her to comb her hair. I mean...come on! How dare I ask such a thing? Then I am throwing granola bars or some other nutritious substance (like donuts) at them and herding them to the car. When we reach the car one of them insists I go back into the house for something important...like a toy they want to store in the car for the next week without touching once. Yeah, good times I tell ya!

4 comments:

Daniela said...

Sounds like you have busy mornings, love that lo!

Holly said...

That exactly what I thought...where does she get the time to scrap? I almost asked Lizanne how you accomplished it! Your story was humorous, but for your sake, I hope things level out! Love the big pic on the page and the colors are fun!

Danielle said...

Love your layout and yes..I can totally relate. All I wanted to do today was go to AC Moore and was that too much to ask? It takes me a good 2 hours to get all 3 of us ready and out the door..at least! And they NEVER want to get dressed. Or eat. Until we hit the store. "I'm hungry!" ARGGGH!
Dani

Melonie said...

Love this LO! Hope you adjust to your new schedule soon!