Saturday, September 13, 2008

Lotsa Things

So hard to keep up with everything during the week, I thought I would just do one ginormous post.


First up, we have grandpa and Austin fishing. Little hillbilly in training. Grandpa also got a new horse and she has a cute little colt. All the kids could say for the first 5 minutes was "Baby Horse! Baby Horse!" I'm sure it was exactly the reaction grandpa was going for.






We went to the park in Bolivar today. I think it is the best park evah! They have all this old metal equipment instead of the brightly colored plastic stuff you see everywhere. They even have teeter totters! We ate some Burger King and then tried to make each other sick on the Merry Go Round. Good times! Ashley was so sweet pushing all the younger kids on the witch's hat. I tried to tell her to go faster, but she said it was fast enough and the little ones could get hurt. Ahhhhh. So, I started chanting, "Faster, Faster, We need a new MASTER!" Then a little 4 year old girl caught on and made her own version, "Faster Faster We need a new PASTOR!" Ashley was very disappointed in me for starting the whole chanting bit.

Grandparent's Day was Friday at school. Look how happy Little Bit looks with her grandparents. She had just come in from recess. Her head is usually not tomato red.







Last, but not least a little layout love. Had this thing done forevah and even had it in a scrapbook frame for her bedroom. I haven't managed to hang the frame, so I took it out to photograph it. She hasn't said much, but I have a feeling she is not too keen on having a layout hanging in her room.

2 comments:

Holly said...

My mom's side of the family is from Bolivar and my sister and I spent our childhood there every summer! Dunnegan Park is my ABSOLUTE FAVORITE park ever!!!!!!! I love the bumpy root trees by the pond and the peacocks!!! You're right, they do have awesome old-time equipment!
It is a really neat old town...I think my great aunt and grandma have garage-saled the same stuff all over that town! I love the pool too! Oh, remember Big T's, the Truck Harbor, and D's Nifty Cafe? Good times when I was a kid....that town has changed sooooo much.

BTW, your son is getting so big!

Jenn said...

Great blog--I just discovered it from a link on Melissa Phillips' blog. I have to ask where do you find your son's tshirts? They are so cute, especially the pizza one! My ds is 4 and would love these...