Sunday, January 13, 2008

Happy Birthday and other stuff....

I had an interesting week. Last weekend it was in the high 60s and low 70s here, which is really odd for January. On Monday night we had an outbreak of tornadoes. The district I teach in lost the roof off the 5th and 6th grade building. We didn't have school Tuesday or Wednesday. I had to go in Tuesday and check for damage in my room even though our building wasn't hit. The end of the building I'm in flooded, but my room only had one wet wall. I guess that is one benefit of having the small room with no window. The big classrooms with windows had water standing in them. I'm really thankful we weren't in school when it hit. Some of the kiddos I work with had damage at their houses. Thursday one of my kids lost his house in a fire. Makes me think twice about complaining about my life.

Today is my mom's birthday!! I won't tell you how old she is except she is old enough to have a 31 year old...oh, and she had me when she was 23. :) I worked all day on finishing up projects and I even managed to take pictures of a few. I'm such a slacker when it comes to that.

3 comments:

Holly said...

I agree! It was an odd, very destructive, and very sad week for many. LR even had a student die in their sleep (junior in HS)

Love the little book you made!

Joni said...

Glad you're back! I love the book you made, now do you make them by scratch or is it already in the heart shape? I haven't done anything like this but would love to one of these days!

Joni

p.s. glad to hear you guys are safe from those dangerous storms

creasa said...

Sometimes I make them from scratch, but this book is a chipboard binder by Maya Road. Creative imaginations has a similar one. Really easy to decorate!